Take this test to find out if have a sibling “ I Hate You Story”.Why? Did your siblings do something to you long ago that is now a weeping wound in your mind? Does it keep you apart- especially awkward- during the holiday season when families are flocking together under mounds of discarded wrapping paper.
Take the test below.
1. Have you told your sibling story more than once to the same person?
2. Do you play the sibling events more than two times in a day in your mind?
3. Do you find yourself speaking to the sibling who hurt you even when the person is not there?
4. Have you made a commitment to yourself to tell the sibling story without being upset then found yourself agitated anyway?
5. Is the sibling who hurt you a central character in your story?
6. When you tell your sibling story does it remind you of other painful things that happened to you?
7. Does the sibling story focus primarily on your pain and what you lost?
8. In your sibling story is there a villain?
9. Have you made a commitment not to tell the sibling story again and then broken your vow?
10. Do you look for other people with similar sibling problems to tell your story to?
11. Has your sibling story stayed the same over time?
12. Have you checked the details of your sibling story for accuracy?
If you answer yes to five or more the questions, there is a good chance you have a sibling I Hate You “ story.
My Book Mom Loves You Best Forging and Forging Sibling Relationships http://www.amazon.com/Mom-Loves-You-Best-Relationships/dp/0882823213, available on Amazon, tells you how to end your sibling I hate you story and make peace.
Read it before the holidays. Give it as a present to your estranged sibling. Make forgiveness as a gift to yourself.