when my mother in Law Becca Butler died at 90, her grandson Scott, a minister did the eulogy. What he remembered was a homemade gift that he had made as a kid that was always in her living room. It meant the world to him because it showed her love for him as a little boy.
What are some great home made gifts that young siblings can make for mother’s day- for either Mom or Grandma ?
- Tip #1 Have Dad help siblings make these gifts- great gift from Dad.
- Tip #2 Have siblings collectively make art.
- Ideas for inexpensive easy gifts for kids to make
- Handprints of all siblings on one card or an individual card from each with a handprint.
- Paper mobile with a favorite item of Mom made by each sibling (tea cup, book, cake, picture of Dad, self portraits of each sibling.
- Have siblings make mother’s day breakfast- again with Dad’s help Kid recipe suggestions
- Have each sibling make a mother’s day card
- Have every sibling make painted vase. These are my greatest treasure from my grandchildren. One can be used for pencils. Another for flowers. I keep pennies in another and a candle in one in case the lights go out or just for my favorite smelling candle – gardenia reminds me of prom corsages
If Dad’s too busy, enlist extended family for mother’s day gifts. One of the greatest gift a family member can give is to help out a growing family of siblings.